Concord City Centre - A Cornerstone of Chicago History
In 1927, one of the definitive buildings of Chicago's early highrise
era opened its doors at the northwest corner of Washington and Wells.
Designed by leading architects Graham, Anderson, Probst and White, the
23-story structure represented a break-through in cooperative planning
between the Morton Salt Company (the original owner) and Illinois Bell,
which had completed the neighboring Bell Building over a decade
earlier. Their efforts resulted in an unusual level of design
flexibility that not only served the needs of both companies at the
time, but the dreams of 21st Century homeowners as well. Creative floor
plan, vintage styling and an incomparable location - it adds up to the
ideal forum for Loop living at its finest.
The building is located super close to everything: